Friday, November 18, 2005

Mystery

Here's a mystery for you to solve:

This morning I was driving our oldest to school. As I approached the school's drive, I saw a police car sitting on the side of the road behind another car. It looked, from afar, like he had pulled someone over.

But as we got closer I noted two things: first, the car in front of the patrolman had crashed into the utility pole that sat at its bumper; second, there was no one in it. The hood of the car was bowed up, it's windshield was cracked, and both airbags had been discharged.

There was no one at the scene except the policeman who sat quietly in his car. There was no one walking around the area except the mothers and fathers who walked their children to the school. There was no tow truck, ambulance, fire truck, or any other emergency vehicle save the police cruiser.

Your mission: try to answer why there was no one there except the policeman, and what happened to the people who were in the car that had crashed into the pole.

This message will self destruct in...no, I'm kidding. If I blew up this computer, my husband would disown me. Haha!

No comments: