Sunday, November 20, 2005

SOCK update.

I wanted to give everyone an update on The S.O.C.K Project this morning.

First, the Walmart here in town was kind enough to give me a gift card to purchase materials needed for the project. With their donation I was able to purchase enough for 82 dolls! I'm really grateful for their help, especially considering Christmas is almost here and I wanted to get the dolls out by that time.

Second, I haven't been able to obtain a sewing machine yet. I received a total of $45 in monetary donations (and am VERY appreciative to those who donated) toward the project but still cannot afford to buy one. Joe suggested that I contact the local fabric store and area churches to see if they would like to donate one for the project. And I'm going to do this on Monday because...

Third, I contacted the local paper who agreed to do an article on The S.O.C.K Project the week following Thanksgiving! Yeah! Hopefully that will draw people in to help me make more dolls before Christmas gets here. Cross your fingers for me. I'm a single soul here at this chapter, but I aim to change that!

Fourth, I received an email from a teacher in Missouri who teaches 5th grade who wants her class to make the dolls this season for the children's hospital in their city! She'll be providing me with pictures of her class when they complete their project and these pictures will be featured at the S.O.C.K Project website.

Fifth, and finally, I'm moving The S.O.C.K Project to a bigger website where I will be able to update information easier and at the same time be able to give more information on the project. You will always be able to get to the site from here (in the right column where you see J.J. waving!).

Thanks to all!!

No comments: