Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Here's a tip:

TIP!!

(Pet peave alert, people.)

Customers that sit down to eat or drink and then don't leave a tip, or don't leave enough to buy their server a pack of gum, irritate the heck out of me.

People who serve make less than $3 an hour from their companies. What you tip is supposed to make up for everything up to at least minimum wage.

When you don't tip your server they hate you. Okay, not really. But it makes their life harder knowing that when they get home they can't use the money to pay their phone bill because table #9 didn't have the courtesy to leave a tip.

I know, I know..."Why I should I pay someone else just so they can pay their bills? What am I? The Welfare office?" No, of course not. That's just the nature of the unwritten agreement between the server and the customer. "I'll bring your food to you as soon as the kitchen has it prepared, I'll refresh your drink as soon as it becomes half-full, I'll fill your every request, and I'll do all that with a smile on my face AS LONG AS YOU UNDERSTAND THAT I'M TRYING TO EARN A LIVING AND YOU'RE ESSENTIAL TO MY QUEST."

Thank you. Yall come back again soon.

:0)

7 comments:

Lorna said...

My daughter is a server---and has been for a while---and I am so aware of how important it is to tip appropriately. In many places in Québec, a 15% gratuity is written into the bill, just to help out those folks who have trouble adding 10% plus half of that.

Altered Memories said...

Good for her! Glad they have the sense to help their employees in that way.

November Rain said...

rule of thumb if you think you got bad services not leaving a tip only makes them think you stiff them

if you get bad service leave a penny
otherwise you should never leave less than 10%

Joe said...

Good post Tanda!

jac said...

Added

"Needless to say that you are part of the package I made for paying my phone bill"

A very nice post, Tanda!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

People should not expect a tip if they've done a bad job.

Altered Memories said...

Well said, JLP. But "bad" is a relative term, lol. The expectations of the server's and the expectations of the customers vary from place to place and from person to person.

I don't have the guts not to tip if the server was not up to par. But Joe takes care of that. He's the one with the moxy!