Thursday, December 01, 2005

Control

I finally finished my semester up here at the local community college. I aced my Literature final and got a low A on my Western Civ. II final (Hooray!). I haven't done this well in school in years.

I learned some very important things about myself this year. Those things have helped me to understand that making excuses for why I'm not doing something is really the only thing keeping me from actually doing it.

It was a frustrating semester, no doubt. There were times when I would be reading through my textbook looking for certain answers and I would myself thinking "ctrl F, ctrl F!" Other times I was unable to concentrate on what I was reading and would wish for the chance to "ctrl, alt delete" so I could start fresh.

But, here I am. I made it. And I'm none the worse for the wear.

I sent a letter to my school requesting a degree audit. After 7 years of undergraduate school, I figure it may be time to actually graduate with some kind of degree. Oh, I know that an associates degree is unimpressive and wouldn't get me much of a job in the long run. BUT, it would be a great milestone.

Joe was a tremendous help this semester. He rejoiced with me when I was doing well, and encouraged me to do better when I appeared to be defeating myself with more excuses. He is my life. There is no one on this earth I would rather share all my joys and sorrows with.

I'll spend the rest of this year working on The S.O.C.K Project and will hopefully get to send lots of dolls off before Christmas actually arrives. Then, in January, I'll begin another (and hopefully the last for a while) semester.

Enjoy your holiday, everyone!!

No comments: