Saturday, March 04, 2006

Bad Date.

B.J. called one of his favorite classmates last week. His mother answered the phone and asked to speak to me. I got on the line and she asked if her son could come over to play this weekend. We had talked about this idea before and it was an open invitation, so I accepted.

Last night I went to the movie store and got them a "cool" movie and some popcorn. B.J. cleaned his room (a miracle in itself), and I spent all morning cleaning the house for company.

The agreement was that the mother would call me Saturday morning to tell me what time they'd be coming over on Saturday afternoon. It's 5:04pm and so far, no call.

B.J. is beside himself. He's called their house about 60 times with no answer. He's bored, disappointed, and aggrivated. This was a big deal to him. I'm listening to him cry as I write this and I'm just so upset that things didn't work out for him.

I'm mad that we have to make this up to him, like we did something wrong, because the Mom didn't give me the courtesy of a simple call to tell us that they couldn't make it or that they simply forgot and just remembered that they were supposed to come over today.

I'm mad.

7 comments:

Lorna said...

you're mad with good reason.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

I'm mad for you. What makes people be so frivolous with other people's feelings? It's not just rude. It's downright inconsiderate. I'd hardly be able to speak--to give a boy something to look forward to and the to just forget about him. Forget about her is what I think. The apology that is owed is bigger than you'll ever get.

My heart goes out to BJ. No one ever wants to feel that he's been left out in that way. It hurts. It hurts me to even think about it.

I'm mad for you and for him.
Grrrrrr.
Liz

Altered Memories said...

Thank you, Lorna and Liz. She still hasn't called and I suppose I don't expect her to. Perhaps B.J. will ask his friend what happened and be able to retrieve some type of rational explanation.

Still mad though. :0/

jac said...

You are angry for a reason and a good cause.
It shouldn't have been like that.

I am mad too.

November Rain said...

I would be mad too....

let us know what her excuse was... I mean thier could be a good reason
I was suppose to pick up a young man that was a friend of my daughter and take him home and let them play

I had no idea where his school was (and he was now attending a differnt school than my daughter) and I was coming from 103rd which is at best 30 minutes without traffic but thier was traffic because of an accident so I arrived 25 minutes late and no boy


my daughter called and called and then the mother got on the phone and screamed at my daughter because her son hadnt told her that he I was coming from 103rd ... etc... etc..

and I took the phone from my crying daughter and told her I i understand her being upset but not to f*ing scream at my daughter


that I am sorry I worried her but I was coming from a distant and trying to find his school and so on..


Sometimes things happen that you arent prepared for and this could be one thing


a death in the family or emergency that caused her to forget or just not have time to call


Now I should have had my daughter call the mother and tell her not the son that we were stuck in traffic but I didnt and she should have calmly asked my daughter what happen not answer the phone screaming at her

Later the mother called me an appologuzed and as I told her I may have grown up in Jax but I have lived in Germany for 8 years and Jax has changed alot

I was doing my best to get to that school

Altered Memories said...

I'm sure you were, Novy.

Well, B.J. talked to his friend yesterday. Here's the story on why they didn't show: football practice went late and then they went to Tupelo (a city about 65 miles north of us). And, gee, still no phone call from his Mom to at least attempt to excuse their bad manners. :0[

November Rain said...

that is just rude