Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Update:

Those of you who read about our "bad date" incident (located 2 posts down if you're not familiar) will understand this update to the story.

B.J. came home from school talking about having his friend over on Spring Break. Apparently, his mother and he had talked about it amongst themselves and decided that this would be a better time for them.

Did I mention that she still has not called to apologize for not showing up or contacting me when she realized that they wouldn't make it?

Now she is making plans to bring her child over to my house without consulting me. Apparently the children are running communication between us now.

Hate to have to tell B.J., but his friend isn't coming over to my house unless his mother calls me to a) apologize, and to b) get my permission to bring her child here.

Okay, I feel little better.

4 comments:

jac said...

Who ever they are, it is just pure "I do that; what the hell" attitude of that mother.
She found time to talk to the kid separately...and that surprises me.

Can only call it as pure rudeness

Altered Memories said...

We're on the same page, Jac.

Hate to seem like I'm dwelling on it. It just disappoints me. I don't want to risk it happening again. It hurt B.J. so badly. :0(

November Rain said...

carefully Tanda she sounds like a mom I had to deal with some years ago..

she live 2 doors down and he son came over and played with mine... we were going to a movie had planned it all week

I told the boy to go home and he burst into tears said there was no one home that his mom had went to bingo
and told him to come to my house and play with bubba

in others words I was a convientant babysitter

now most moms would have cancelled thier plans and waited for the mom

me I called HRS and the police

in my book that is abandoment of a child she didnt ask me if he could stay until late while she went played bingo

Altered Memories said...

Smart move, Novy. That was a very wrong thing for her to do.