Saturday, October 15, 2005

Food

How I love to eat thee? Let me count the ways.

When I was a kid, there were foods that I didn't enjoy eating: peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, turkey, sauerkraut, bell peppers, and (of course) onions.

But today, those are all foods that I love. I like to go the grocery store and peruse the many jars of jellies and jams to go with my crunchy peanut butter. Sauerkraut and hotdogs make a fine lunch for me. And I don't mind putting bell peppers and onions in my cheese omelets in the morning.

After saying that, let me introduce some more irony. The foods that I loved as a child, I no longer want to eat. I'd rather eat a sand-wich than go to McDonalds. Cantelope nausiates me. And oranges are now too messy to eat.

What foods did you eat as a child that you won't eat now?

No comments: