Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Update

The S.O.C.K Project
Click here to find out more about this project.


I wanted to offer this update this morning to let you all know where I am with this project.

Materials-Thanks to kind contributions I have been able to save half of the cost for the sewing machine. I called Walmart this morning and found out that the same machine that they offer online is also in our local store. I will be purchasing it as soon as I raise enough money for it.

Also, I made a visit to the local thrift store where I purchased all of their pillows. I took them home, opened them up, and washed the filling by hand. This was a cheaper way to obtain poly-fil than buying it new. I am shopping around for good bargains on new men's tube socks. However, I am considering approaching the ladies at church to ask for sock donations.

Organization-I have received one offer to start up a chapter other than my own (Chapter #1). Since I haven't really "advertised" the project yet, I'm pretty happy with that. However, if you are considering joining The S.O.C.K Project, please contact me and I will be happy to mail you general directions for making the doll. I believe that every woman will be able to add her own "flavor" to the doll by adding special touches so I will be sending a simple design.

I am trying to figure out a way to make the tags, also. This is still a bit tricky since we'll need a lot of them for distribution to the different chapters. Please share any ideas you have in the comments section.

News-There will be lots of news in the near future about where we are with this project. Therefore, I am working on another blog specifically for this. The blog will act as a newsletter and a place to obtain information about starting a chapter, creating the dolls, adding members, finding places in your area to distribute the dolls, etc.

Thank you again for your help in getting The S.O.C.K Project running. I'm really excited about this!

Tanda

No comments: