Friday, January 13, 2006

My Top Hat

Edouard won the latest caption contest.

My Top Hat-

While I was thinking about how to prepare this post, I hopped over to Edouard's blog. I was scouting the sidebar, the posts, the template...

But, to be honest, his style of writing is what really captures my attention. And, that being so, I am posting exerpts from this seventeen year old Australian's posts. They're reason enough for visiting.

From "Coffee in the morning"-

Suddenly, Mum bolts to the kitchen cupboard containing the last shot of coffee. I, seeing this, also bolt to the cupboard but she already has the jar firmly in her hands. Victory is hers, as is the coffee, and I'm left with nothing but the bitter taste of no coffee in the morning.

"There's another packet" she says calmly... I look inside and there's a brand new, vacuum-sealed, gold pack of Lavazza coffee shining in the kitchen light. All in all, I had fresh coffee whilst Mum had the coffee in the bottom of the jar. Losing that one was worth it!

From "Shopping and producing"-

The highlight of the brief encounter of the food court was the spotting of a massive mullet, which was as wide as it was long, sadly the mullet was so mullety that it caused my camera to lock up and I couldn't photograph the specimen.

From "Rabbit food"-

Since learning about this practical law I've been looking at a lot of things, non-physics things, and seeing similarities in this conservation.

So whenever I argue with my family members, it seems the more I try and to "negotiate" with them, the more they seem to "negotiate" back.

No comments: