Friday, September 16, 2005

Bead Party

I'm going to a Bead Party tonight. For those of you not familiar, I offer this introduction.

A Bead Party (referred to as BP hereafter) is where a dozen-or-so chicks get together in a small apartment. The nice chicks will bring food with them. The really, really nice chicks will bring cheesecake.

On every kitchen counter, every table (dining, coffee, end), and sometimes even the floor are partitioned containers (as shown on left). There are literally tens of thousands of beads.

Your job? Try to keep your sanity as you mull over container after container...after container. Decide if you are going to make a necklace, bracelet, watchband, or earings. The set of beads you put together must meet certain criteria if you're going to be happy with the final product. 1) The colors have to compliment each other; 2) the sizes have to complement each other; and 3) they have to fit your personality.

Sound easy? It takes most women 4 tries to assemble a group that they really like. At my first BP it took me 2 hours to end up with a necklace that had 4 beads on it. No joke. I payed $8.oo for it. But what made it worth the price was making something that was "me". Nobody else has a necklace like the one I made.

Tonight I'm attending another BP. I think tonight I'll make a bracelet to compliment my necklace.

I'll be stopping to pick up a cheesecake on my way over. (big cheesy grin)

No comments: