Sunday, September 25, 2005

Stormy Weather

The watches and warnings started coming around 4 pm. Flash floods, thunderstorms, and tornados. All remnants of Rita. I'm still pretty new to the south so I became fairly nervous about the weather and Joe had to pry me from the windows several times. Nevermind that I tease him whenever a light flurry comes in the winter and the schools are closed for the day.

I stepped outside at one point and walked to the end of the drive. I wanted to see as much of the sky as was possible. The clouds were low and thick. It looked like God had dropped his bowl of mashed potato upside down in the sky. I thought that maybe I could just reach up with my pointing finger and scramble the clouds around abit. But they were already moving in a state of chaos. Some were going south, some west, others north & east. Just as I had decided that all they really needed was a good director an amazing and beautiful thing happened.

A symphony sounded from the sky. It seemed to come from everywhere all at once. I stood transfixed at the opera that was being performed above my head. Heaven was calling me!

Wait. No, those were just the civil sirens. Oh well.

No comments: