Saturday, September 10, 2005

test

I have a test on Monday.

This semester I am determined to not only refrain from withdrawing, but to actually pass my classes. I can do it. I know I can. The trick is making the RIGHT time to study. I don't need to be studying when it's 9 am and the boys are standing at my feet with empty cereal bowls.

Last night Joe took our two oldest to a football game here in town. I only had the baby and he fell asleep an hour after they left. That gave me one solid hour to work.


I popped in an instrumental latin music cd called "Energy". I made some coffee. Caffinated. Then I needed some water because the coffee was making me thirsty. Finally, I got down to business and was pleasantly surprised to find myself genuinely interested in the material. This doesn't usually happen when I'm studying history.

Today I tried studying with the boys in the room. Ummmm...I'm going to try not to do that anymore. I usually read aloud when I'm studying to drown out some of the noise. Here's what today sounded like:

"The Parliment that met in early 1640 and did not last long... stop doing that...because Charles refused to grant a subsidy, and the king angrily...please be quiet...dissolved the session. But Charles had no way to pay for an army without...you need to quit because you'll wake your brother...taxes."

You see my dilemma, of course. So, tonight, after the boys are snug in bed, I'll try again. Wish me luck. I really want to pass this test!!

No comments: